Re: install on Toshiba 430CDT laptop

>>>>> "Irwin" == Irwin Feuerstein <ebct@yahoo.com> writes:

Irwin> I have a Toshiba 430CDT laptop, and I installed the base system
Irwin> of Potato on the machine, which seemed to go OK. A few things I
Irwin> do not understand, even after reading all the documentation I
Irwin> could digest.

The PCMCIA modules have known problems working with Toshiba PCMCIA
chips.  Try disabling 32-bit (CardBus) support.  Boot into DOS and run
TSETUP, or on boot-up, at the Toshiba splash screen, hit <ESC>.  Then
change the appropriate configuration option (sorry, I don't know exactly
what it is).

HTH

Hubert