Re: lilo display

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Steven K. Thompson wrote:
> I did not get any response when I asked this query before.  It
> would be great if someone knows how to get a more straightforward
> display of the available operating systems at bootup, especially
> if it is someone besides myself who turns the machine on.

I'd recommend GRUB. It's much more powerful than lilo and has even
nicer menu. Besides, it's virtually impossible to make your machine
unbootable with it. And even more, it's not needed to rerun it after
every kernel upgrade :-).

Peter.

--
"UNIX *is* user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends."