Re: Ati Mobility Performance

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 02:20:30PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Johan Romin wrote:
>
> > Nope.. it's not the r128 chipset. That chip is based on the old RagePro chip, which at the moment don't have a working DRI version.
> > At least none that I know of.. I still use 3.3.6 and UtahGLX om my RagePro based laptop.
> What is UtahGLX?

UtahGLX is the only project for pre XFree 4.0 and non-3dfx hardware, that provides 3D Acceleration to different hardware. But with the release of XFree 4.0 it has been discontinued.
the url is: glx.sourceforge.net
There was some talk about porting some of the drivers from UtahGLX to dri, but it seems like that never happend...
At least the RagePro driver, never got ported.

Since your chipset ends with P, I'm sure it's a ragePro, since I have the same chipset in my laptop =)

I guess you have about two options, one is to downgrade to XFree 3.3.6, and the other is to get dirty in the dri development, and try to port the RagePro driver.

--

	/Johan

Life is but an Illusion of Death