Re: Sound on IBM TP380Z

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 11:53:57AM +0200, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I cannot let my ThinkPad 380Z play any sound. I was unable to
> figure out which sound card it uses and so cannot configure sound.
> Coudl someone of you help me? I know it is a minor problem but I have
> solved all the big problems so I was left with minor ones.

Try using lspci to see if it lists anything as a "Multimedia Audio
Controller" - that should give you a place to start, anyway.  If it
doesn't actually list a chipset, it should list a vendor/product ID
that you can use to search on Google.

Or, as was preiously mentioned, you could check the Linux on Laptops
site ;P

-b3