Install from USB floppy?

Hi there,

Got an old but nice SONY VAIO PCG-Z505F (Japanese model). Thinking about
just plugging a bigger hard drive in means reinstalling my debian system.
First time around I happily partitioned the disk and erased the
preinstalled windoze system only to find out that it cannot copy the
kernel it is running from the rescue floppy to the hard drive... Had an
old Toshiba laptop to get a system on that disk at the time, but not any
more now. In the meantime the kernels have USB support and I can use the
USB floppy as a SCSI device.

If I put my hand-rolled kernel with the required USB support onto the
rescue disk - will I be able to install a new system on the new harddrive?

If not: Any other ideas? I have a PCMCIA SCSI card and SCSI disk that
could be used, but no CD!

Thanks in advance, Kai

   Kai Martens				University of Utah
					Department of Physics

   Tel:    (801) 585-5503		115 South 1400 East
   Fax:    (801) 581-6256		James Fletcher Bldg. Room 201
   E-mail: kai@physics.utah.edu		Salt Lake City
   Office: INSCC 216			Utah 84112-0830, USA