Re: mouse hangs under X on Savage/MX

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Storm Linux User wrote:
> > Very often, the mouse pointer just freezes while moving.
> > Unfreezing is possible by opening a new window (via keyboard shortcut),
> > but it is very anoying and makes working under X impossible.
> >
> > I wonder if this is a known issue and has somebody a suggestion how
> > to get rid of this?
> >
> > this is my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 :
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
> > 	Driver		"mouse"
> > 	Option		"CorePointer"
> > 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
> > 	Option		"Protocol"		"PS/2"
> > 	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
> > 	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
> > EndSection

This is what I use:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IntelliMouse"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

using gpm of course. (apt-get install gpm)

With the default gpm.conf...

#  /etc/gpm.conf - configuration file for gpm(1)
#
#  If mouse response seems to be to slow, try using
#  responsiveness=15. append can contain any random arguments to be
#  appended to the commandline.
#
#  If you edit this file by hand, please be aware it is sourced by
#  /etc/init.d/gpm and thus all shell meta characters must be
#  protected from evaluation (i.e. by quoting them).
#
#  This file is used by /etc/init.d/gpm and can be modified by
#  /usr/sbin/gpmconfig.
#
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=