Re: ailing gpm - thinkpad380ED

   Thanks to everyone for your input!

   Some more details:

    I had no problem with my PS/2 mouse till I
downloaded a bunch of additional packages from the
Debian CD-ROM's (I don't know which one could be the
suspect). Beside the mouse going crazy (erratically
jumping around at the slightest provocation), the
Gnome desktop was larger for a few re-boots, than came
back for an unknown reason. I ran the XF86Setup and
xf86config a number of times, putting in the values
that always worked for me. The 3button test in the
mouse part of XF86Setup never did get confirmed on the
graphical rendition of the 3button set-up.
  Hearthstone.