Re: Compaq Laptops and their Hard

I have a couple of compaq armadas that had the
original bios partition.  In fact, the dignostic
partition is not needed at all.  I totally formatted
the HDD to remove it and then installed Linux.  No
problems.  I have a second HDD which I also formatted
and then installed windows followed by Linux.  Again,
no problems.  The bios features (indeed a whole range
of on board hardware upgrades) for your laptop can be
upgraded with compaq softpaqs and the dignostic
partion can also be recreated with a softpaq.  Go to
compaqs website for info and downloads.

Yours, Ian