Re: [tlinux-users:00964] maximum hard drive limitations?

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 02:18:38AM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> Anyway, I'm writing to ask if any of you can confirm the reality of this
> kind of drive-size limitation?  If it is real, can you explain why?  Do I
> just have to put up with it, or do I have a "right" to be cranky with
> Toshiba about it?

Thanks for all your replies, everyone.

>From what you've been saying, it looks like I can be reasonably confident a
larger drive will work without too much trouble, even if I have to install
one of those BIOS-enhancing programs for it.

I also spoke to one of the Toshiba warranty centres (Toshiba outsources
warranty repairs to their resellers), and they seemed to think they'd
installed a 12GB drive on a 460 model, even older than my 490.  So that's
promising news too :)

By the way, the Toshiba docs say my model has room for 17mm drives, so
I figure there won't be problems with physical size.

I'll post a follow-up message once I've got the chance to test and install one
of the larger drives.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A