Re: laptop boot image?

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 01:53:05PM +0000, Rod Young wrote:
> I not sure what the problem is but when I needed to install on my T
> 2130cs, I copied the base install files to a DOS partition . The
> rescue/install disk will mount the DOS partition. Once that is done you
> can install the base system and load the the driver modules for your
> cdrom.

    I couldn't get it to go that far. The boot disk just gave me a "boot
error" message. I found a page on Debian that says I have to upgrade the bios.
I think I'll just explore slackware a bit. It's a throwaway box anyway. I use
Debian on my work and home desktops.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be  dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925