Re: sound blaster configuration??

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 04:23:26PM -0800, redstars@worldmailer.com wrote:
> I have tried to find information in /usr/src/linux.. but I don't have any
directory like ../src/linux/ .. thanks anyway..

 That would be the kernel source tree.  Grab it from
www.<countrycode>.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2/linux-2.2.18.tar.bz2, or
install the kernel-source package.  If you aren't going to recompile the
kernel to suit your tastes, there might be a kernel-doc package which just
has linux/Documentation, but not the rest of the source.  If not, then just
get the whole tree.

 A lot of really good docs on getting the kernel to do stuff is in
linux/Documentation.

> > We first need more information:
> >
> > Is this Sound Blaster 16 PCI or ISA?
> > Is it PnP or not?
> > Which Kernel do you use?
> >

> pnpdump -c > /etc/isapnp.conf && isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf   did not give
>any results,  didn't find my sound card.. So I think it isn't a ISA..  I am
>using kernel 2.2..

 If it's PCI,  lspci  will find it (independently of whether any drivers are
loaded for it.  PCI is good, because there is a standard for scanning the
bus and finding config info).  (If you don't have lspci, you look at
the obsolete /proc/pci.  lspci interprets the binary data in the new
/proc/bus/pci interface.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y