Re: cron & anacron

neonatus@neonatus.net (Bostjan Muller) writes:

> I would like to know what to do with cron & anacron issue. There has allready
> been some discusion on that topic here, but I am still not sure what to do. Can
> anacron replace cron or not?
> should I remove cron and use solely anacron? I don't have and don't
> intend to run any of my own background scheduled proceses, just the default
> system ones...

On my system, the default big cron jobs are automatically ignored by
cron if anacron is install.  Here is part of my /etc/crontab:

25 6    * * *   root    test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily
47 6    * * 7   root    test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly
52 6    1 * *   root    test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly

So don't remove cron.

Dan