Re: Linksys EtherFast 10/100 CardBus PC Card (PCMCIA)

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 09:45:44AM +0000, Paul Clark wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if the Potato tulip.c driver should work with
> this card?

Depends:  I have two of these.  One works, the other doesn't.

The v2 version of the card (it should say on the back) works with the last
several versions of pcmcia-cs, and possibly older than that.  The v3 card
presumably needs a newer tulip.c, which I haven't found/tried yet.  (One
of the other replies has a pointer.  I'll be downloading it shortly.)

> The Linksys support site seems to suggest I need to compile a new
> driver. Then points to detailed instructions for RPM.

Back when the v2 card was newer, I just copied the new tulip.c into the
pcmcia-cs source and built it.  The v3 build may be as easy.

Jon Leonard