Re: not start networking automatically?

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 12:20:46AM -0500, nathanp@iosphere.net wrote:

> yeah, that one.  i only want modem services. /etc/pcmcia/network stop eth0
works for me, but i just want to automate it so i don't have to type.

I made a small script, called modon:
#################
#!/bin/sh
sudo ifconfig eth0 down
pon
Stick it in ~/bin, add ~/bin to my path, make the script executable, and type
"modon" at the command line when I need my modem.  Good enough for me.

> yeah, that sounds good.  where can i read about schemes?

The usage is "cardctl scheme <myscheme>", so try man cardctl.

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A