re: lie to apt

I had posted earlier abou using alien to make .deb packages from binaries
installed with stow.  I said it worked.  After more use, I found some problems.
They can probably be fixed by unpacking the .deb and adding the stuff that
alien couldn't do.  dpkg-deb is the program you need and you can find infor-
mation about it at http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/packaging.html/-
ch-binarypkg.html.  OTOH, it's probably easier to get the debianising .diff
and dsc off packages.debian.org, and build the package from there.

<jakemsr@clipper.net>