update: PCMCIA "make all" errors

Hey all,

Thanks again for your help.... yet, I have returned,
but with, I believe to be, a simpler problem.

I installed kernel 2.2.17 using the make-kpkg as you
suggested, and it worked out just fine.  The source
for the pcmcia compiled and the module for my IBM
EtherJet card is shown when I do "lsmod."  But, for
some reason when I do "ifconfig," eth0 is not listed.
I did "ifconfig eth0 up" and from there eth0 is shown
when doing "ifconfig."  Even though the "ifconfig" is
now showing the eth0 I attempt to ping an IP address
and it tells me that the network is unreachable.

I'm sorry to plague you all with these questions, but
I am pretty new to pcmcia and debian all together. So,
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Donnie