Re: lie to apt

On Feb 22, 2001, Heather <star@starshine.org> wrote:

> I thought apt-cache was for keeping a batch of debs so a bunch of machines
> can share them?  Anyways I just did an apt-get update and I don't even see
> apt-cache in there.

I think apt-cache (included in the 'apt' package) is more low level --
just a friendly wrapper around the /var/cache/apt/ directory, I'm
guessing.  You're probably thinking of the apt-move package, which is
useful for creating package mirrors from existing systems.

John

--
dusk@ravendusk.org                            http://www.gnome.org
jsheets@codeweavers.com                  http://www.worldforge.org