Re: Best "new" laptop

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Jeffrey S. Coppock wrote:
> I have a Dell CPx, either the H or the J series, I'm not sure.  This baby
> is sweet!  I'm running stable 2.2.18 and it's extremely stable (imagine
> that!).  This system also uses the maestro3 and with ALSA sound works
> nicely.

> > > NOPE. Not 3i, 2E. :-)
> > > There's a 3 driver after 2.2.18preSomething, though.
> > > A colleague of mine has the Maestro 3, and that driver works great
> > > for him, even with MIDI and stuff.
> >
> > I have a maestro 3i. I use the alsa modules. I can control any
> > sound prodicing device on my laptop. I can control the sound
> > for the phone, even though the modem doesn't work.

I have a CPxJ with the 3i, and of the one driver I tried (4Front) it didn't
recognize my port replicator. The output from the soundcard was routed to
the internal speakers/headphone jack instead of out the port replicator's
headphone jack. Anyone know if the opensource Maestro drivers will recognize
the external jack?

--
 Jason K. Fritcher
  jkf@wolfnet.org