Re: Best "new" laptop

    Heather> Anyways I have to agree that if you're buying from IBM - at least
    Heather> at the moment - you're at least supporting a company that cares
    Heather> somewhat about linux users' opinions.

You'd think so, eh?  Remember, we're talking about IBM, where the left hand
doesn't know what the right hand is doing. ;-)  (Anyone remember OS/2, and the
"support" it got from IBM's PC division?)

    Heather> x 1280x1024 resolution ... I'll settle for 1024x768 if the screen is
    Heather> 11" or smaller.  Let's just say I use lots of screen space.

Don't forget to make it a TFT screen.

  *
    Heather> video chipset that is -actually- supported by X 4.  I'm strongly
    Heather> interested in moving that direction, but since my current systems
    Heather> work, I'm not terribly interested in half measures or putting up
    Heather> with bleeding-edge vendor bull.  Wish me luck.  I think this is my
    Heather> pickiest feature request.

All features of the chipset should be supported by X 4.  If it's supported, but
doesn't accelerate, it may be

  x 2 or more USB ports (without being

--
____     |     -----------------------------------------------------------
|  /   --+--
| /   ___|___    Hubert Chan <hackerhue@crosswinds.net>
|        |       K? w--- O++ M- V- PS-- PE+++ Y+ PGP+ t+ 5 X R- tv+ b+
|      / | \     DI++++ D G e++ h! !r !y
|     /  |  \
|        |     <><------------------ http://www.crosswinds.net/~hackerhue/

PGP/GnuPG fingerprint: 6CC5 822D 2E55 494C 81DD  6F2C 6518 54DF 71FD A37F
Key can be found at http://www.crosswinds.net/~hackerhue/hackerhue.asc
Please encrypt all mail to me if possible.