Re: which phone

Francois

> I would like try to connect my laptop ( Sony VAIO ) with IR to a
> GPRS cellular phone, I change my phone in the week so someone have
> try a cellular phone with GPRS and Debian. Which model ? patch
> ,config etc ...

The ones that I've been looking into to replace my Ericsson T28 are
the Motorola V66 and the Ericsson T39.  There's also Nokia but I
don't know too much about that.

The V66 uses a USB plug to plug into your laptop. This could be good
for me since USB works fine on my laptop.  The Ericsson seems to be
an infra-red version.  There was some discussion on the Irda list
recently about this.  Came down to a driver that didn't quite work
with the T39.  It's possible to get this working.  It's just a bit
fiddly.

There are plenty of others.  But, I've cut the rest out in favour of
these.  In the UK market there is plenty of choice but when you
actually get down to it there isn't really.

Thanks

--
Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk