Re: video card changing...

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 04:19:04PM -0500, Rob Hensley wrote:
> Hi, I was just wondering if i was able to change the video card in a
> laptop. I'm not too sure of the model, but it's an HP. I'd like to put a

	I can't be 100% certain, but I'd say your odds are about 1 in
10E6. Typically, the video chipset is on a controller board with several
other components of the machine, and the boards are all custom-fitted to
the case. If you can find the same model laptop with the chipset you
want, you might have some luck switching components, but I worked for a
couple of years in a computer shop fixing the things, and I have never
heard of a source for jobber parts.

--
Mike Alborn <malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org>
# pgp keyid: C36DC30D