Re: Inspiron 8000 IR and Palm (not talking and unreliable IR connection)

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 05:12, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 1008143627.840.0.camel@lonewolf>
> SJPWongbulk@bigpond.com writes:
>
> >>     $ pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyS3 -l
>
> It's wrong. You need to use /dev/ircomm0 instead.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried that but when it says press the hot sync button, I do, and
nothing happens.

Unfortunately, I seem to have slipped further backwards and now cannot
even get discovery mode to find my palm :-(

My /etc/irda.conf is:

    ~# cat /etc/irda.conf
    #irda.conf Version: 1.0
    #IRDADEV=irda0
    IRDADEV=/dev/ttyS3
    #DONGLE= # specify dongle type
    #DISCOVERY=-s # if you want use discovery mode, uncomment this
    #ENABLE=yes # if you don't need to start irattach, set "no"
    ~#

My BIOS settings are COM4 and fast IR (slow hasn't seemed to ever work).

Any other ideas?

TIA.

--
* Simon Wong *