Re: Why Linux on a Laptop?

Alec said the following...
> Hi
>
> I'm wondering what everyone's motivation is for using Linux on a laptop
> instead of Cygwin + Windows.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, Mr. C!  Over here!

1) Don't have to pay Microsoft to use Linux.
2) Is fun.
3) Why not?  I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 computers
   that work in my apartment at any time.
4) There is no number 4 :-).
5) Gives me something to contrast Windows to.
6) Gives me something to talk to my geeky friends about (oh, wait,
   I'm the geeky friend!)
7) Penguins Rock!
8) Adds to the list of cool tools I have.  Ever had to convert graphics
   files from Mac to PC format?  Lots more easier if you have the gimp!

Matt

--
  O      O            __ |     \|                             O       O

Its not cannibalism if you don't speak their language.
La, la, la, I can't understand you.  La, la, la....