Re: Problem with configuring PCMCIA linksys pc card for network installation

 writes:

> Hi, I'm having some trouble installing Debian. Since my laptop has no
> cdrom, I wanted to do a network installation, in which I would install
> the packages through the network, instead of off a cd. The problem is I
> can't seem to get an ethernet interface up. I have a Linksys Etherfast
> 10/100 PC Card. Here's what I get in my dmesg whenever I try to
> Configure PCMCIA Support.

For the LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 PCMPC100 V. 3 you need the standalone
pcmcia modules (not the kernel ones), and pcmcia-cs at least version
3.1.28. Earlier versions do not work.

These are only in sid ("unstable"). You must install the following
packages from sid:

pcmcia-cs (current version 3.1.29)
pcmcia-modules-<your-kernel-version>  (version 3.1.29)

<your-kernel-version> is the kernel version that you are using, if using
a precompiled kernel. If you compiled your own kernel you should install
pcmcia-source (3.1.29) and compile the modules against your kernel.

Hope this helps,

Jaume