Re: Xircom Combo kernel modules

Stig Brautaset, 2001-Nov-24 16:38 +0000:
> apart from the new kernel. I load the driver for the card, and
> "ifconfig -a" shows that eth0 is present, but running /etc/init.d/pcmcia
> restart fail with a message that "i82365 failed to load" or something to

If you're using a 2.4.x kernel you must use the yenta socket
driver instead of i82365.  I've seent this come across the list
previously, so check the archives for more info, or read the
2.4.x pcmcia docs.

If you're using 2.2.x kernel, you have other issues.  Try the
PCIC controler driver instead of i82365, your laptop may use the
other controller chip.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer