Re: Sony Vaio FX101

Hi Reid,

The X works now with xserver-xfree86 after getting the kernel upgrade
too,
but, I need to fix the network pcmcia card (D-Link DFE-650)
The modules does not load properly.

I will summaries the experience later

Donald

I think the FX101 is different to fx210.

Reid Mumford wrote:

> donald,
>
> I have a fx210 and i have x working on that.  I am not sure how different
> the 101 and 210 are though.  I think that the video card on the 210 is an
> ati rage mobility m1 chip.
>
> I'll send you my xf86config file tonight if you are interested.
>
> good luck
>
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Donald Wu wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Any one have experience on setup X on Sony Vaio FX101,
> > the FX101 use Intel 815 chips.
> >
> > On Potato with Xfree86 3.6, I only got a very small screen,
> > just upgrade to Woody today with Xfree86 4, it does not run.
> >
> > Donald
begin:vcard
n:Wu;Donald
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.qmul.ac.uk/
org:Queen Mary, University of London;Dept. of Geography, and Economics
version:2.1
email;internet:d.wu@qmul.ac.uk
title:Computing Support Officer
fn:Donald Wu