Re: kde & power savings

On Wednesday 21 November 2001 01:55, Tom Allison wrote:
> Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 November 2001 11:30, Tom Allison wrote:
> >>I've done that.
> >>
> >>It's part of the Battery Powered Howto.  I was hoping to avoid rehashing
> >>  the elements of power saving that are more generic to Linux as that
> >>doesn't seem to be the problem.
> >>

> >>If I run fvwm2 it's OK.  Gnome is OK too.  KDE is not.
> >>I don't know how to trouble-shoot this kind of problem at this point.
> >>If you have any suggestions, please don't keep them to yourself!
> >
> > Deactive powersavings i kcontrol.
> >

> Kind of contradictory isn't it?

Not When you consider that in my experience KDE powersaving is horribly
broken. Someone has tried to make Windows(TM) and forgot the kernel takes
care of power.
My biggest problem is that whenever I activate screensaving, the screen shuts
off while I am actually working! If I continue to type and move the mouse, it
then immediatly starts powing up again.
Somehow KDE manages to overlook computer activity...