From: Derek Broughton [mailto:dbroughton@netcom.ca]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 01:20 PM
To: Debian Italian
Subject: Re: IBM A Series, Mod. 26523VG

On November 8, 2001 07:58 pm, a.maurizi@isao.bo.cnr.it wrote:
> 	I'm about to order an IBM A Series, model 26523VG. My main
> 	concern is on the Ethernet adaptor that I've never heard about:
> 		Communication Daughter Card (CDC)
> 	Does anybody knows any problem related to this card?

Sounds like a dual function card.  I use one, also IBM, which
contains a 14.4Kbps modem (needless to say, I don't use this 'child'
anymore) and a 10Mbps ethernet child which I use all the time.  Not a
big deal - I used to use this in my IBM 486 laptop which was a huge
pain to get working in Linux, but the one thing that was really 'plug
and play' was the PCMCIA card.

derek