Re: tpconfig

On November 15, 2001 01:59 pm, Sam Clegg wrote:

> > > That is as informative as the tpconfig documentation.  Explain
> > >
> > :o) Sorry..
> >
> > I disable GPM, while working under X. - The mouse goes bananas
> > all over the desktop, klicking wild and doing funny thinks.
> > Though - it's no work possible.
>
> You can use gpm and X together:
>
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
>
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
>
> /etc/gpm.conf
>
>         repeat_type=raw

Strange.  repeat_type=raw was probably the _worst_ method I tried.
I'm glad Daniel started this thread though, because I've now removed
the extra definition for the touchpad, simply using the PS/2 mouse
and added "Emulate3Button" to the PS2 definition, and now I have a
working 3button touchpad.

I only ever managed to get the touchpad to work reasonably under gpm
if I plugged in the PS/2 mouse until I got X started, then unplugged
it.  If I changed the BIOS setting to let both devices work at the
same time, the touchpad still went wild.

Now, I'm using an Inspiron 2500, and you guys are all using 8x00s,
but they use the same drivers in Windows, so I can't see why they'd
be different in Linux.
--
derek