Re: sis630s and X

El Jueves 08 Noviembre 2001 13:54, tnttnt escribió:
> hello everybody,
>
> I don't know how to get to run my xserver in a proper way.
> I got a sis630s graphicscard and a lcd display allowing 1024x768
> First I thougt the sis-server would be ok but it only supports the sis630
> chipset and doesn't seem to work with the sis630 series. I was on the sis
> homepage to get some information about it.    ON Xfree version 3.3.6 they
> propose to use the SVGA-server. I get the Xserver started but I just see
> approximately one fourth of the x-enviroment on the screen. I don't know
> which vertical and horizontal rates to use for a lcd display and I don't
> want to guess them... Does anybody know how to do get it work?
> Thanks for your help
>
> Thomas

I've got a Gericom laptop with SiS630 and got X Working using svga server.
The conditions for having it working is that you use
FrameBuffer@1024x768x16bits (vga=791 in lilo.conf) and X server also
@1024x768x16bits.

P.S.: I'm using Xfree 3.3.6 without 3D Accel
--
Si te sientes bien, no te preocupes: Se te pasará.
		-- Postulado de Boling.

-- Debian GNU/Linux Sid --
Linux mail.diab0lique.com 2.4.13 #5 lun nov 5 18:56:45 CET 2001 i686 unknown
-- Uptime --
 16:49:46 up 19:09,  0 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.13, 0.05