RE: Network connection

>On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 07:53, Fredrik Jagenheim wrote:
>>
>> How do I make eth0 configure itself automatically whenever a network
>> cable is inserted? Or otherwise configure the network at the request
>> of a user?
>>
>> My laptop is usually connected to a DHCP LAN, either at home or at
>> work. However, I sometimes use it outside this environement and have
>> no network cable attached. If I have my eth0 configured to set itself
>> up automatically in /etc/networks/devices/eth0 it takes several
>> minutes for it to boot up and time out whenever pump can't reach the
>> DHCP server... Thus I have configured it so it won't start
>> automatically, and run 'sudo ifup eth0' whenever I access the net.
>>

>'whereami' comes with a patch that will insert itself into the
>/etc/pcmcia/network script which gets run on insertion and removal of a
>PCMCIA network card.

>Cheers,
>					Andrew.
>--
>Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
>WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
>DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267

I've seen tools that at the begining of the startup of the computer asks
u which network configuration to use. I got 2 networks, one at
work and another at home, both have a very diferent network configuration
( DHCP&Workgroups / Static IP&central server ).

Do u know where could i get one of this tools? or setup my own debian to
do that?

thanks...