Re: Constructing CD-ROM images

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:08:53PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Apologies for this only marginally laptop-related post. (In my humble
> defense, I'm trying to backup my laptop now that it's working very
> nicely, so it is laptop related...for me :-)
>
> Does anyone know of a tool that will let me say, roughly, "here's a
> list of files that I want on my CD-R, and I want them in exactly this
> directory layout"?

Check out bootcdwrite.  It has some extra (booting) features that you may
or may not find useful.  It allows you to specify a root directory, and
then specify directories to leave out as well as directories to include,
which may serve your purpose, although I don't think it's exactly what
you're looking for, and may not even help at all...
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/