Re: Mobile network configuration

And there's yet another one: whereami.  It differs from the other packages
in that laptop-netconf requires you to manually choose a location on bootup,
intuitively does detection by looking for responses to ARP requests and
whereami runs through a set of tests in a directory, which can do the
detection however you want.

There are tests provided for doing detection using a fixed IP address or
DHCP, so you could order it to check for a fixed machine first, and then if
there was no answer, to go onto a DHCP detect, and make a decision based on
the DHCP lease supplied.  Once it has determined the location, whereami
will then run commands to configure your machine according to its new
location.

I've even got it doing the detection after an APM resume, so all I have to
do is plug my machine in and open it up when I arrive at the new location.
I'll send it to be included in the package once I have fully tested it.

With whereami, you do need to do some editing of scripts in
/etc/whereami/tests to get it working for you, so if you'd rather do as
little editing as possible, you may want to use one of the others, at the
cost of some flexibility.

Chris