Re: console settings for euro/german keyboard

On 22-10-2001, at 13h 53'40", Michael Hothorn wrote:

> $ loadkeys -v de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz
>
> still gives me not the ü,ä,ö 's at the console itself (works e.g. for vim
> and pine).
>
> How to set this, to make it work under console (and xterm)

For console I suggest to use fonty. Answer ISO8859-15 (latin9)
to the question about fonts.

For X (xterm and so) you have to have ISO8859-15 fonts, otherwise
you can't see euro. I personally use xkeycaps to improve my
key setings. xmodmap is the program which will change the key
setings for X. Many people prefers xkb...

Ionel