Re: xfree86 on a toshiba tecra 8200

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 09:54:57AM +0200, A. Demarteau (linux rules!) wrote:
> > I know I am having troubles with my modelines, as this machine has the
> > XSVGA+ screen, 1400x1050. I have tried many 1400x1050 modelines for
> > other lcd's with no luck. I don't know how or where to find proper
> > information about the valid horiz and vert refresh ranges for the LCD
> > panel.
> hmm, the toshiba manual?

well, that's the problem. I looked in the back of the "users guide"
and all it has is a list of the "supported video modes" and their
corresponding horiz and vert refresh rates. That table does not list
1400x1050.

I did not get any printed documenation that lists the max vert & horiz
refresh rates like you get when you buy a monitor.
-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://pobox.com/~osi - uin#153025
your brain on life - http://fotap.org - incubating

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin, ~1784