Re: Re[2]: Advice take two :)

> MJ> Usually just installing your window manager of choice should do.
> MJ> Make sure you have either 'xdm' or 'gdm', I personally prefer gdm :)
> MJ> Then install the window manager you want:
> MJ> apt-get install <packagename>
> MJ> where packagename is one off:
> MJ>         icewm-gnome
> MJ>         icewm

icewm.org, a mite slow for me, but ymmv

Claims full Gnome support, partial K, dunno what they mean by that though.

> MJ>         enlightenment

enlightenment.org

> MJ>         fvwm
> MJ>         fvwm2

fvwm.org

> MJ>         sawfish

http://sawmill.sourceforge.net/

yeah, they used to be named sawmill, but some large lumber  vendor had
some sort of problem with that.  Dummies.  Bits don't grow on trees...

> MJ>         windowmaker

windowmaker.org

> MJ>         ... (many others)

check Freshmeat.net for its window manager section in the appindex.

> Supercool - where can I see some info and screenshots for each?

...and if you don't mind the cyberdust during their reconstruction, shoot
on over to themes.org.  They have a bazillion screenshots or so. Though
most of the themes are tarballs they install fine.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...