Re: Advice take two :)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:54:25PM +0200, S?ren Neigaard wrote:
> Ok I have looked at gnome.org, and saw some different windowmanagers
> and themes. Could anybody give me a primer, do I have to install then
> one by one, or do they all come in one package? What is my next step?

Usually just installing your window manager of choice should do.
Make sure you have either 'xdm' or 'gdm', I personally prefer gdm :)

Then install the window manager you want:

apt-get install <packagename>

where packagename is one off:
	icewm-gnome
	icewm
	enlightenment
	fvwm
	fvwm2
	sawfish
	windowmaker
	... (many others)

> I'm use to Mandrake, where I can pick between them at login. I don't
> need that, I just need one, but what to choose then, and how do I
> install it?

I myself use icewm-gnome and use gtk themes for gnome. These are in
packages:

gtk-engines-pixmap
gtk-engines-metal

Dependancies will install the rest you need.

Mark Janssen                         Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: maniac@markjanssen.nl              GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
http: maniac.nl, unix-god.[net|org], markjanssen.[com|net|org|nl]