Re: Advice needed

Søren Neigaard <neigaard@e-box.dk> writes:

[...]

> I would like to use the Ximian Desktop, and try out Evolution, is
> this a good idea (is it stable, pros and cons)?

People have, in the past, found problems with mixing in Ximian (then
Helix) things---some of the names and versions of packages confused
things, and random (gtk-related) stuff would break.

Why specifically Ximian?  Debian unstable tracks GNOME pretty
well---personally I stick with that.

> I have heard that Red Carpet on Debian, is a frontend for apt, is
> that correct?

No idea.

[...]

--