Re: Cant read root disk

>From what I've generally heard, the "making of the floppy disk" is fraught
with peril, and for some laptops, it takes repeated tries.  Also, are you
seeing it boot with root=/dev/fd0 ,    or do you really have a bad boot
disk to rescue?

                    Søren
                    Neigaard             To:     debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
                    <neigaard@e-b        cc:
                    ox.dk>               Subject:     Cant read root disk

                    10/04/01
                    15:06
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Søren
                    Neigaard

I have downloaded root.bin and rescue.bin, used rawrite2 to make two
disks. rescue boots fine, but when I put the root disk in, and hit
enter, it says something like no fs root, or something.

Please advice.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk