Re: Copy/Paste in KDE

În data de  4/10/2001, 17:11:17, Curt Howland a scris:

> Unfortunately, that is what is failing. I have done this many, many
> times before, having used Debian since 1996. This is the first time that
> having the text highlighted has not caused it to be copied into the
> Netscape clipboard.

So you can't paste it even with Ctrl-v from Netscape?
In my case if the selected text is still highlighted, I can press
middle button or Ctrl-v, and I get the text in Netscape.

> Any thoughts? Would the particular window manager I'm using matter? I'm
> not even sure which ones I have on this machine. But I can easily make
> sure that "olwm" is the only one available. Is there a way to tell which
> one KDE is launching?

It might be a problem of Xwindows manager. As I said I don't know KDE.
I use fvwm(2). This you get it by having a line fvwm in your
$/HOME/.xsession which has to be executable. But this is for xdm. gdm
and kde uses different configuration files. Can't help you here, sory.

For how long did you used kde?

Ionel