Re: What to choose

Hi there.

  What comes to choosing between the two, it's personal preference that
matters. I myself recommend Debian: I love it myself, and yes, apt-get is
great. Then again, I haven't used Mandrake, but haven't heard a single
positive comment about it, other than that it is easy to install; many say
too easy, so that you can't configure things you might want even if you
have enough skill to do it. I've heard that in many cases it doesn't work
right. And, even though might have something like apt-get, it still
doesn't have apt-get, and that is reason enough not to choose it.
  Many I know en up trying Mandrake and then complain to me "Linux sucks,
I can't get this thing to work right." What I tell them is: use a Debian system -
don't use Mandrake, use something that works. And guess what? They install
a Debian system (usually Progeny) - and it works fine.
  Giving a list about what's good in Debian would take a while, I don't
think I'll even start on that, hehe : )
  So, to put the long story short - choose Debian : )

Regards,
- Teppo