RE: Debian install to subnotebook

Hmmm.. I'd thought of looking into a netboot as a solution, but have no idea
of how to do it. There did not appear to be any such option in the BIOS,
which has only "Floppy, CD, Hard Drive" as boot options. Having neither the
floppy or CD, this of course leaves...

Is it possible to do a net boot from a PC-card network card?

Haven't tried booting from the USB Zip either. It appears that these things
use the SCSI protocols; I was able to just plug it in to my Debian Woody (w.
kernel 2.4.7) laptop, and mount it on /dev/scd4, no tweaking or fussing
around needed. Perhaps we should try just formatting a ZIP disk w. DOS and
see if it will boot....worth a try, in any case.

Bruce

<snip>