Re: ALSA

On Friday 28 September 2001 23:16, Hubert Chan spewed forth:

> Tom> I was tring to get alsa configured for my IBM A21m.  I keep getting
> Tom> an error when I try to make the packages.  I'm not getting anywhere
> Tom> with this.
>
> We can't help you unless you tell us what the error message was.  It
> would also help if you gave us details of what you tried.
>
> - --
'make-kpkg modules' ends with:
if [ -x /usr/bin/debsign ]; then
	debsign ${KMAINT:+-m"$KMAINT"} "$chfile"
fi
  signfile
/usr/src/linux../alsa-modules-2.4.9_0.9+0beta4-5+p0+1.3.1_i386.changes Tom
Allison
gpg: skipped 'Tom Allison' secret key not available
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available
/usr/bin/debsign: GPG error occurred!
---
So, I've gone a made pgp key-set for root and am compiling it again...
it's asking for a passphrase...
and it's processed ok!  Now to configure it
I tried the alsaconf program and it's kind of hosed.
I think in the installation I created a file set /etc/alsa/modules/1.0
alsaconf created something in 0.5...
And that didn't work...

So I did: /etc/init.d/alsa stop and manually removed the module cs46xx.
than I did: /etc/init.d/alsa start
no errors at the command line
no erros in syslog, messages, or debug.
no modules loaded for alsa...

tried removing the /etc/alsa files and reinstalling the package -- nothing