Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 9:39 PM
Subject: Thinkpad 365X - can anyone recommend least memory hungry windows and browser

All,

I'm running Debian potato on an IBM Thinkpad 365X 24MB RAM, which has a Cyber Trident 9320 display card (has 1Mb on board).
I have tried fvwm, fvwm2, icewm, and wdm. I have tried mozilla as a browser and it takes 3-4 minutes to display anything. Of course I could use lynx, but I really would like to get some graphic browser working.

can anyone recommend a windows manager/browser which may run faster than the dog I'm running now.

Many thanks in advance

Barry

P.S. RAM can only expand to a max of 32Mb.