Re: Dell Inspiron 8000

>Back when I had one of these a few months ago, the PCMCIA drivers that come
>with the standard potato install disks didn't work, so I couldn't do a net
>install.  Instead I got a CD and installed the base system + compilers, then
>recompiled the kernel and the latest pcmcia-cs package and it worked fine
>after that.

What if I do a base install of unstable? Is that possible yet? I've normally installed
a base of Debian potato on desktop computers and then updated my sources.list
to point to unstable and then I did a dist-upgrade. I was hoping I could do something
as quick as that or possibly being able to skip straight to unstable.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee  ...is here to save the Web!