Re: XFree 4.1 on ATI rage128

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> I see the same effects on a Thinkpad A20p with an M3 chip (rage
> mobility 128).

[...]

> I don't think it's a Debian-specific problem.

Correction, it is.  I downloaded the official XF86 binaries and copied
the r128_drv.o over the one from the Debian package, and the problem
went away.

The bug's already been reported as 107349 and 107383.  Also 107412.

So that you don't need to download the entire Xmod.tgz, I've put the
file needed at http://www.springies.com/~ats/r128_drv.so.

Time to go update the BTS.

Life is knowing how far to go without crossing the line.