Re: D-Link dfe-670txd in Thinkpad 600E conflict

the texas instruments 1251 that it detects is the pcmcia bridge, not the card
itself.  do you get two high beeps when the laptop boots?  generally that
means that pcmcia-cs is working, and that a card has been found.  personally
i have found that removing support for hot-plug devices from the kernel fixed
a similar problem of mine.  but then i dont use usb, nor do i plan to; i
still build usb support as modules and noticed that when i plugged in a usb
cdburner that the kernel detected it.  i assume the hot-plug stuff is only
for if youre going to be removing and/or replacing usb components.