Once more SiS 900 Ethernet...

XAIPETE!

Its been a week or two ago when I posted a mail about my problems with my
SiS 900 Ethernet card. Ill repeat them with a view words here:
When booting Linux, the system always stops when saying

Configuring network interfaces: done

(yes, the "done" is here). The same time the following kernel message is
given:

eth0: Media Link Off
eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex

It stops for about a minute and carries on with the network working.

I got several answers helping come over the problem, but not solving them;
now i just always push "CTRL-C" when the system stops. Some said that its
because there is no network cable connected, but thats not true, it stopt with a
cable connected as well.

Now i found out something interesting (i dont know why i didnt see that
earlier...what a shame!). There is another interface up, called dummy0! Ive never
seen that before...might that be the reason for the troubles??? Here is the
"ifconfig" output:

dummy0  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
            UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP MTU:1500 Metric:1
            collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
            RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:684 (684.0 b)

I hope you can help me, people start askin' "what the hell are ya doin'?"
and i always have to tell them lies...not the best way to demonstrate the power
of (Debian) Linux...

--
Wenn auch die Sicherheit vor den Menschen bis zu einem gewissen Grade
eintritt durch eine bestimmte Macht, Störungen zu beseitigen, und

Me, alias Franz Keferböck

Aufgepasst - jetzt viele 1&1 New WebHosting Pakete ohne
Einrichtungsgebuehr + 1 Monat Grundgebuehrbefreiung!
http://puretec.de/index.html?ac=OM.PU.PU003K00736T0492a