Re: Irda Problem

Wolfgang

> so you have created all the devices you need
> next give these devices the appropriate permissions (man chmod) =
> write permission for the users that should be able to use IR

Did this.

> <BOF>
> IRDADEV=/dev/ttyS1	#obviously my emulated serial port
> DONGLE=none		#its an internal IR-port
> DISCOVERY=-s		#the laptop should search for devices in range
> ENABLE=yes		#original comment: 'if you don't need to start
> 			#irattach, set to "no"'
> <EOF>

Created this file which didn't exist.  And changed permissions.

> other points that came to my mind:
> ? if using modules you have all the necessary modules in the kernel
>     (check with lsmod and mail output), if not using modules,
> everything necessary compiled in

Yes, did that first.

> ! read the IR-Howto, it might answer some questions

I'll have a look at this.  Other than that I don't know what to do
next.  All of this hardware works fine with Irda on an SuSE 7.2 plug
in hard disk so it must be the Debian software that isn't configured
properly

Thanks

--
Richard