PCMCIA NIC installs [was Re: PCMCIA NICs on woody]

I also had an issue with a PCMCIA NIC install; mine was a
floppy + net install.  At the point where it loads pcmcia
module support it reported an error it couldn't get past
so I went to another console and got a shell and poked around.

Oddly ifconfig showed the network up but misconfigured, so
pcmcia must be running, so I poked around for the net config
file and found /target/etc/pcmcia/network.opts and
/target/etc/init.d/pcmcia.

So I edited network.opts to match my network and did a
/target/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart the installation proceeded
to fetch the base system from the net.  Is this what they
call giving the install script a slap upside the head?